Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life:

Life is about ups and downs. That is for sure! The ups are being able to do pretty much what you want everyday, the downs are there is always someone somewhere who can ruin your day in a minute. Today I got to start my day with an employee resigning. This is a woman whom I have really worked hard with to work out with our office. She didn't feel appreciated--- She didn't like getting yelled at by clients ------ She was ready to move on. What can I say! But seriously.... there are good things to this life.
The good to life is that we are lucky in this day and age to have a home over our heads. That we live in a country where we feel protected, where we can voice our opinions, where we can worship whom and what we want. That there is a grocery store down the street with everything in the world you need to feed yourself. That we aren't in a third world country where we have to worry about whether or not our water is okay to drink, if the produce we eat has been fertilized with appropriate means, that we can drive across the country in nice vehicles and fill up with gas along the way, and that our families don't have to worry about terrorists on every corner like they are in the Middle East. Seriously, we have it pretty good! I just wonder sometimes if we realize it or if we take everything for granted until something terrible happens. I am thnking about Heath Ledger who died all of a sudden. He left a little 2 year old ..... I am thinking of Tammy's cousin who was waiting at a stop sign and a driver hit her with such a force that she sustained severe head injuries and died. It made me think about the fact that none of us know what will happen to us tomorrow. We don't know if we will be the one who is hit and killed. We are driving along, minding our own business and then WHAM!!! our life ends. Can you imagine how that affects your loved ones. We never know when our time will come.... so live it right. Love everyone around you, be kind, be thoughtful, tell your kids you love them, give your spouse and hug and say I appreciate you, No regrets with your parents..... be nice to them, appreciate them before it is too late. Enough for my tirade! These are just my thoughts today.

1 comment:

Tammy Gregory said...

You are too cute, I totally agree!